I spent the first 18 years of my life in
If you’ve never experienced pro football season in
Regardless of the outcome of each NFL season, Pittsburghers’ love for their football team never wanes. Unlike
Carson Street, Pittsburgh's Southside after the Steelers Super Bowl win
Here are a few things you may not know about the
- In 2008, Forbes magazine ranked
#13 on its “Best cities for young professionals” list. Pittsburgh
- Entrepreneur magazine ranks the city ninth on the list of best cities in which to start a small business.
- In 2007, Forbes ranked
as the 10th cleanest city (so much for all that coal smog) Pittsburgh
- Places Rated Almanac gave
Pittsburghthe title of “ ’s most livable city” in 2007. America is the headquarters of nine Fortune 500 companies (ranks seventh in the nation). Pittsburgh
- The Carnegie Museum of Art opened in 1895 as the world’s first museum of modern art.
Pittsburghboasts the lowest crime rate out of the top-25 metropolitan areas. US Pittsburghis home to 34 colleges and universities, including Carnegie Mellon and the , two schools consistently ranked in the top 25 in the country. Universityof Pittsburgh is second only to NYC in its number of theater companies. Pittsburgh Pittsburghhas more certified “green” buildings than any other city. US
- The University of Pittsburgh Medical Center consistently ranks in the top 10 best US hospitals and is a leader in cancer treatment and organ transplant research.
I-279 (Parkway West) inbound, Monday morning